Adult Education Program
Our adult class offerings feed the soul and refresh the mind. Forums, discussions, and classes on a variety of topics are held throughout the week.
SOCIAL JUSTICE MOVIE NIGHTS
The Social Justice Team is offering a once-a-month Friday Evening film event on the second Friday of each month from 7 – 9 pm starting in the Fall of 2013. The series is to promote discussion around critical issues facing our world today. The topics for the films will cover a variety of issues such as Climate Justice, Food Sustainability, Victims of Torture, Gun Violence, Health Care, Immigration and Racial Inequality.
The movie schedule currently is and will be updated as movies are chosen:
- September13th "Bidder 70" (civil disobedience, climate justice).
- October 11th "Fresh" (sustainable agriculture).
- November 8th "God Loves Uganada" (GLBT Justice/Religious colonialism).
- December Holiday Break
- January 10th, "Chasing Ice" (Climate Justice)
- February 21st - HEALTH CARE FORUM (click here for more details)
- March 14th - “Inequality For All” In this film Robert Reich, former Secretary of Labor under both the Carter and Clinton administrations examines the crisis of the widening income inequality in the United States.
- April 11th "Sick Around the World" PBS Documentary
- May 9th "Trouble Waters: A Mississippi River Story.
If you have ideas for the film series and/or questions about the Social Justice Team please contact Stephanie McCullough-Cain. The register please contact the church office at email@example.com..
Socrates Cafe meets the third Friday of each month in the North Room at UUCM. Feel free to bring a snack or beverage to share. We brainstorm ideas and then vote for the one we want to discuss. We have had some lively, enlightening discussions. The sessions start up again this Fall, with the first meeting on Friday, September 20th, 2013 and running through until May 2014. Hosted by Peggy Gentles. For further details, please contact the church office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have other topics/ideas or want to facilitate a class? Please contact the church office at office.